Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Canada IMM 1344, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:

How to complete any Canada IMM 1344 online:

  1. On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
  2. Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
  3. Add your own info and speak to data.
  4. Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
  5. Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
  6. Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our Assistance team.
  7. Place an electronic digital unique in your Canada IMM 1344 by using Sign Device.
  8. After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
  9. Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.

PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Canada IMM 1344 from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.

Video instructions and help with filling out and completing Can a green card holder marry a non resident

Instructions and Help about Can a green card holder marry a non resident

Good morning good afternoon good night I'm black bright and today's topic is about those people who have got married to an American citizen or a green card holder and who have come to needs in the end of their conditional the fact that it's been conditional has got some conditions to it and they need to reapply for an extension so we have to first take into account that hopefully your marriage to a American citizen or green card holder was not just a stay in the country because if it was you're going to be in hot water because they are not taking this lightly so if assuming that it's a legitimate or what they call a bona fide marriage a marriage in good faith you are going to have to your original green card will be valid I believe for two years and then 90 days before the green card is due to be due to expire you're meant to do a joint petition with your husband or your wife and apply for an extension I believe they give you an extra year and then you have to apply for another five years or whatever it is I don't know the intricacies of it but I do know there's a 90-day timespan and if you go over it there's problems so you need to be on time there are a lot of lawyers trying to exploit the situation now so be careful there are systems in place saying oh you know we can do the forms for you we can complete them and make sure they're sent off but they are not guaranteeing that they're going to be approved so don't fall victim to all these little scams and they'll say they're not scared but it's all in the wording these systems that will complete the form for you especially if you find it hard to complete forms or you find forms intimidating could be tempting to pay ninety five dollars to get one of these companies to fill up the form for you and they'll say oh it's all ready to go off yeah all it is is you know form filling you know supposed to make it easy you you just put stuff in but you can get a friend to help you do that it's not going to guarantee anything so don't fall victim to that if you are feeling vulnerable at this time now we I heard from somebody who works at the airport that lost last week woman who's a green card holder on public assistance it is important she was on public assistance with three children she left the country I don't know she went on vacation I don't know she went on a funeral or what but she went out to the country for about a month and she has not been allowed back in she's been self deported now you can understand that somebody's on public assistance you.


How can I get Legal Permanent Resident status (green card) for the USA?
The good news? There are quite a few ways to get a Green Card. The bad news? There are quite a few ways to get a Green Card.Before I go about rattling off all the ways you can qualify, keep in mind that whichever way you decide to go—make sure it’s the best option. You’d be amazed at how many people start down this road only to realize that they:1.) Don’t qualify for that route2.) Missed necessary steps and botched their approval chances.Don’t be that person.Here’s some ways you can go about it:Family:You can qualify you are an immediate family member of a US citizen (this includes: spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, parents of petitions who are at least 21.You can also pick up a Green Card if you fall into the “preference category” which includes: unmarried children over the age of 21, married children of any age, and siblings of a petitioner who is at least 21.If you are a family member of permanent resident.Also, if you are a member of the “special category” of people that includes: battered spouse or child, K non-immigrant, child of a foreign diplomat, V non immigrant, or a widower of a US citizen.Employment:May be eligible if you are offered a permanent position in the US.If you are an investor or entrepreneur that is establishing a business that creates US jobs.Self-petitioning if you fall into “extraordinary abilities category”Available for certain “special category” jobsRefugee/Asylee:If you are allowed in the US as either a refugee or asylee then you can apply for permanent residency after one year.Other ways:Diversity Immigrant Visa ProgramK non immigrantLegal Immigration Family Equity ActSpecial Immigrant Juvenile StatusSo you do have some options when it comes to getting a Green Card. Like I said, you want to be sure that you choose the best option for yourself as all of these processes have their own set of requirements. Your best bet? Get in touch with an immigration attorney. They can give you some advice on where to start and help you go over your qualifications.If you aren’t sure where to look for a good lawyer, check out LawTrades. We connect clients with handpicked attorneys that are the best of the best. Our lawyers will put you first and make sure that you not only understand the Green Card process, but help you with your best chances of approval. Check us out and get in touch for a consultation.
I am a US green card holder. I need to stay outside of the US more than 6 months. What can I do?
This is my personal experience being an LPR staying outside the US for over 4 yrs. First of all, I’ve been an LPR for 30yrs. I had to leave the US for personal/family reason and didn’t have time to file the proper paperwork before I left. I knew the chances of never getting back in the US was low, actually very low, when I left the US.Each year that passed by, I knew the chances were getting slimmer and slimmer. Then on the 4th yr and my green card was also due to expire, I just took a chance and book a one way ticket back to the US. Worse case scenario was to get denied entry and get sent back.So I arrived in the U.S., CBP took me to a room and questioned me. I presented all my documents and explain to them why I couldn’t come back until now. After about an hr, the CBP officer shook my hand and welcomed me back into the U.S. and to apply for citizenship, which I am now.For anyone in a difficult situation like mine and you must stay longer than a year, don’t give up hope. Make sure to have all your documents. VERY VERY important! As for me, I had an active bank acct, health/auto insurance, and filed my taxes yearly. Also, make sure to have a valid reason and why it was difficult for you to return within the recommended time frame. I think all they’re looking for is whether you call the U.S. your primary resident and you’re just staying abroad temporary, like in my case 4 yrs.
How long can a US green card holder stay out of the US before losing their permanent resident status?
Q: How long can you stay out of the USA with a permanent resident green card?The answer is of course - forever.There’s no requirement for you to live or stay in the USA unless you intend to maintain your permanent residency in the USA.If you want to, you can leave the USA and never come back - there’s no legal requirement for you to remain.That’s the answer to the question you asked.If however you meant “how long can I stay out of the USA while maintaining my permanent residency status” - the answer would be..it depends..When entering the USA, if the immigration officer believes you’ve abandoned your permanent residency, even if you’ve only been gone a day, they can deny entry.Usually you’re ok though being absent for “typical vacation durations” - a few weeks, a month etc.After a few months though you’re likely to be subject to more questions and after a year abandonment is presumed and you must apply for (and receive) an I-131 prior to your return trip.Can a U.S. lawful permanent resident leave multiple times and return
After a US green card holder files the petition for his wife, how long does it take for her to get into the US?
A spouse of a US Greencard Holder is not considered an immediate category, meaning there is a line for getting the immigration visa.According to the May 2022 Visa Bulletin, the applications currently processed were filed in Nov 2022 (August 2022 for those born in Mexico). Add 6-12 months of bureaucracy on top of that, and you get something around two years.
How long can a US Green Card holder stay out of the US before losing their permanent resident status? What if you live outside the US but go to the US for 2-3 weeks every six months?
You are in the U.S. 2-3 weeks every 6 months. As you appear to realize, you may be in danger of losing your green card because you are living abroad but merely touching down in the U.S. periodically. The leading U.S. immigration law treatise says,  A frequently confronted problem concerns noncitizens who obtain lawful admission for permanent residence and then soon return to their home and employment in a foreign country, visiting the United States briefly each year thereafter. Such noncitizens are under the mistaken impression that this use of the residence card each year enables them to retain their lawful resident status, as assurance of easy access to the United States. Sometimes this plan may succeed for several years, but at each entry the noncitizen faces the danger that an immigration officer may determine that he or she has abandoned residence status and place him or her in removal proceedings. A lawful permanent resident (LPR or green card holder) is only allowed to enter the U.S. with the green card if "returning from a temporary visit abroad." INA 101(a)(27)(C). A visit abroad is only "temporary" if it is for a relatively short and concrete purpose, upon conclusion of which the LPR returns to his or her main home in the U.S., where the LPR lives, works, etc. The higher the percentage of time spent abroad, the more likely your status will be called into question. For example, in one case the court found a noncitizen had abandoned LPR status because, in part, during the 116 months from admission as an LPR to the time she was charged with abandonment, she spent 35% of her time in the U.S. and 65% abroad. E.g., Lateef v. Holder, 683 F.3d 275 (6th Cir. 2012). Similarly, where an individual spent 4 years outside the U.S. with the exception of 3-4 week visits each year, she was found to have abandoned LPR status. Matter of Huang, 19 I. & N. Dec. 749 (BIA 1988).  I'm going to pass on recommending the best airport to use to try to reenter the U.S. In part, this is because the best airport may be the one en route to what is arguably your "home," where you live in the U.S. If you fly into another airport, especially in a tourist destination, you may reenforce the impression that you don't live in the U.S. but are merely visiting so shouldn't be readmitted as an LPR. I'd recommend that if keeping your LPR status is a priority then you should focus on reorganizing your life to prove to the inspector in the airport that your stay abroad has been temporary and that you retain strong ties to the U.S. For more, see Risk of Abandoning Green Card by Staying Abroad Over 6 Months.
Can a green card holder marry a non-green card holder and still become a citizen?
Absolutely! Eligibility for naturalization is not determined by the status of who a lawful permanent resident marries (except in the case where a lawful permanent resident is applying for naturalization under the 3 year rule as the spouse of a U.S. citizen). It all depends on how long the person has been a lawful permanent resident, meets good moral character as well as physical and continuous residency requirements.
How can non-U.S. citizens work for NASA and/or SpaceX?
All permanent NASA employees are employees of the US federal government, and thus must be United States citizens.There is a NASA International Internship program, however the only countries currently participating in that are Mexico, Trinidad, and Tobago.  JPL has an Independent Student Internship position that does allow US permanent residents.However, one does not need to work for NASA to work at NASA.  There are thousands of contractor positions.  In many cases, contractors work side by side with civil servants, doing the exact same jobs as civil servants.  Contractors are not federal employees and thus do not have to be US citizens.One more however, though.  Many of those programs involve technologies listed on the ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) list.  In those cases, the contractors must also be US citizens, or in some cases permanent residents.  An example of this is the flight controllers for the International Space Station - they are US citizens, regardless of whether they work for NASA, Stinger Ghaffarian, Barrios, Wyle Life Sciences, Boeing, or Lockheed Martin.The only real exception I'm aware of is for those foreign nationals that work for a foreign space agency that is collaborating with NASA.  There are liaison positions at NASA facilities for those people.From NASA's website:And...EmploymentIt is the policy of NASA to hire U.S. citizens as civil servants. There have been exceptions to this rule, however only in rare instances. For more information regarding this policy, please visit:https://help.usajobs.gov/index.p....An area of possible employment for foreign nationals exists with NASA's International Space Partners (ISP). NASA has ISP from all over the world and has collaborated with the European Space Agency on endeavors ranging from foreign investigators flying experiments on the space shuttle to foreign sponsored missions to the upcoming Space Station. These types of vacancies may be found by visiting: Careers at ESA.
Can a green card holder marry a non us citizen who is ready in USA?
One can marry anyone they wish but spouse being a green card holder, doesn’t make the other spouse eligible for green card. When the green card holder is eligible to become a US citizen and chooses to do so, he/she can sponsor the spouse for adjustment of status due to being married to a US citizen. If there is a way before the green card holder to become a US citizen, I am not sure if the newly wed partner can stay in the US legally
Can you get a green card if you marry a green card holder?
As you have not mentioned any country. I am assuming you are asking about United States. Because that’s what comes in my mind when i read/hear Green Card.As per my knowledge, when one person (non- resident) marries another person (resident) then, non-resident person will be eligible for an immigrant visa (green card) under the Immediate Relative category.Years ago, this had actually become a business. People who wanted to become permanent residence of United States, use to marry a person who was already a resident. And, it is not like if you marry a resident then you HAVE to be with them forever. NO. Once a person use to get citizenship, they file for divorce and both walk in their own directions.Why will someone just agree to marry for couple of years?- So, here it is, A non-resident use to make a deal about paying specific amount of money (according to their deal) to a resident partner for marrying for a limited period of time (1-3years approx). So, people started taking this as a business for getting money.New law was passed then, because numerous number of marriage applications were been submitted. And, also many divorce cases were filed. According, to new law. Non-resident when marries a resident, Instead of getting “permanent residency” they will get “conditional residency”. “Conditional residency” lasts for 2 years (trial period). There is no numerical limit for submitting marriage applications. BUT, it takes much of time in an application process.In most ways, a conditional resident has the same rights as a permanent resident. He or she can travel in and out of the U.S., accept employment without separately applying for a work permit. Key DIFFERENCE, is that, conditional residency will get expired after 2 years. And, needs to be changed into “permanent residency”. NO, it cannot be renewed.HOW CAN YOU REMOVE “contional residency” and get “permanent residency”?As your trial period is about to end. You need to file for “permanent residency”. It requires evidence for your ongoing marriage. And, only then you will be eligible for getting green card. Yes, it does take time.For more information:-Conditional Permanent ResidenceMarriage in the United States - Wikipedia*As Per My Knowledge.*
If you believe that this page should be taken down, please follow our DMCA take down process here.