Music, welcome back to Ask My Lawyer, our exciting YouTube channel and Facebook question and answer video section. I was interested to receive so many great emails from our site visitors congratulating us on this corner because everybody has questions, and I'm very happy to answer them. This week, we have a question from Imelda from Phoenix, Arizona. Imelda is asking the following question: "My husband is a green card holder. He became a greener holder about a year ago, and I'm a student. I'm an F-1 student. If we filed a petition for the green card, am I able to get a work permit and stay in the US and stop going to school?" The question is if I marry a permanent resident, can I now stay in the US without any other visa living work? Well, unfortunately, the answer is no. If your husband is just a permanent resident, a green card holder, the fact that he's going to file for an I-130 marriage petition for you is not going to allow you to stay in the US. Because permanent residents are subject to a visa and numerical category, which means that they have to wait in line until the visa numbers become current. Typically, they may take up to three years. And so, in the meantime, the spouse of the permanent resident must remain in the US in a different visa category. In your case, Imelda, it has to be the same. You have to maintain your student visa while the I-130 is pending. I know it's really a devastating answer, and it doesn't really make sense, but that's the reality. A lot of people make mistakes. They were thinking that the permanent resident spouses can actually sponsor them, but they can't. Once he becomes a US citizen, of...
Award-winning PDF software
Green card holder spouse waiting time 2023 Form: What You Should Know
Results. As a result, we are extending the expiration date of the USCIS waiver that allows ALERT applicants in the Special Immigrant Visa category (SPV-A) to receive a medical examination without signing the I-693. Therefore, ALERT applicants need to check the USCIS website to confirm if the Medical Examination Waiver has started starting to expire. Effective Date of Medical Examination Waiver: April 12, 2022, through April 12, 2022, only. For any questions or concerns, write to csaus-infostate.
online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Canada Imm 1344, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:
How to complete any Canada Imm 1344 online:
- On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
- Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
- Add your own info and speak to data.
- Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
- Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
- Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
- Place an electronic digital unique in your Canada Imm 1344 by using Sign Device.
- After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
- Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.
PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Canada Imm 1344 From the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.